Game prototype

 At this point in my project I have created a basic outline of my game. So far I have implimented the basic aspects of my game. Those basic elements are, making my script for movement, creating a basic outline of my background and foreground, adding my player character and creating my colliders for the ground and the player character. These are the most basic yet important elements of this game and without these elements I cannot begin to add my more complex elements. I used the skills I learnt while creating my tutorial game to create my movement script. Because I already had experience making a movement script I found this part of the project very simple and I had no issues creating this script and having it run properly. I also used the skills I learnt from the tutorial project to create the grass in the foreground using a sprite pallet. This method made creating the foreground incredibly easy as I just had to import the sprites for the grass and ground and then painted them into the scene. 


My game in play mode

Moving on from this phase of my project I will be adding boundaries to my game to stop my character from moving off the screen, creating my UI and menu, adding the falling fruit and creating a screen for when you loose the game. I have previous experience making a menu and a UI from my project from last semester so I expect that part of my project to go smoothly. I have found online tutorials on creating boundaries and the physics and other elements needed for the falling fruit and I will only have to make slight adjustments to the teachings in these videos in order for the code to fit my game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction post

Game idea research

Brainstorming topics for my game