My chosen game

 I have chosen to create an endless catcher game for my project. I will be using skills I learnt from following the tutorial that I completed as well as other online resourses in order to create this game. My aim for this game is to make it something that can be picked up and played for short periods of time as a quick break. Although the idea is simple in my research I have found that while creating this game I will have to include some more complex elements such as boundaries for my game, physics for the falling object and a way to spawn the objects so I do expect to encounter some challenges along the way.

My vision for the final product

The first thing I had to do once I settled on this game idea was deciding what the subject of my game would be. What would the player character look like? what would you be catching? how would you win/loose? I decided that I wanted my playable character to be some sort of an animal, the animal could not be able to fly because that would make the game too easy. I settled on a Capybara as the animal because I have been seeing a lot of posts and memes about them online recently so I felt like this would be a fun way to make my game relevent. For the items that the character needs to catch I chose fruit because I saw a lot of videos of capybaras eating fruit so I'm assuming that they like fruit. For how you would loose the game I intend on adding an object that you should avoid and creating a limit for how many you can catch before the game ends. Ideally I would like the objects to begin to drop faster as the game progresses to give my game a difficulty curve. 


The beginning of my project

Now that I have a basic outline for my project I have began to collect resources for my project. I have found and downloaded my sprites for my charactertextBackground and game world and fruit. I have also began to research the extra coding methods I will need to understand in order to make my game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction post

Game idea research

Brainstorming topics for my game